Memoirs Of An Orthodontics Patient (Part Four)
The seperators were removed after a gruelling week of
trying to prevent them for falling out.
(Which failed because two of them came out anyway.)
Back to the clinic...
29 December 2009
The seperators were plucked out and I couldn't be happier,
no more trouble from the blue rubber bits!
And now it's the metal invasion from the metal bands
I'm going to have to resist.
(Well "resist" to make sure they don't fall off.)
There are MANY MANY sizes of metal bands,
ranging from small ones for little kids and big ones for adults,
well, "no one's too old for orthdontics"
quoting the brochures I've seen.
And the nurse had a pretty hard time finding metal bands
that fit my molars exactly, not too tight, not too loose.
Which is hard as my molars are as random as me.
A certain band may match the size of it
but not it's shape, and vice-versa.
I'm not too sure but all my bands are probably different in size.
These bands are supposed to last till the two to three years
treatment period is over; they're here to stay.
So the nurse had to spray some kind of salty glue onto the band
before placing it onto the molar.
(This done after checking the size was right of course.)
Then there was a biting test where she placed some metallic
instrument into my mouth and asked me to bite down on it,
to ensure that I can close my jaw.
Everything is okay and painless
(there was even joy with the departure of the seperators)
though I must admit the salty thing wasn't too cool.
The metal bands are really smooth when my tongue licks it,
they haven't been much of a problem at all.
The next appointment's coming soon and so is 2010,
so yeah,
HAPPY NEW YEAR AND MAY 2010 SUCCEED 2009 IN LOVE , JOY AND PEACE!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment