Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Alright, I take it all back...

It wasn't so long ago (about a week actually)

that I tweeted/complained "No thrill-s week".

Right, I'm taking it back.

This week, thus far, is practically the exact opposiite of the last.

Last Week

Monday and Friday: CCA
Tuesday to Thursday: Staying At Home

Compare this to the somewhat jam-packed schedule I've got this week
including numerous (or maybe just 2) clashes.

This week

Monday: Science Spec Camp(whole day), Open House Training(half the day)

(I went for camp, wouldn't miss the CSI exhibition for nuts,
even if they were made of solid gold.)

Tuesday: Science Spec Camp (9am to 4pm)

Wednesday: Purchase of school books, Watch HP7.1

(It was great, it was an awesome wednesday
until I realised what would happen several hours later.)

Thursday: Nanoscience Workshop (9am to 12pm), Council Dance Practice (10am to 1pm)

(Darn, wednesday's dinner was ruined because I couldn't decide where to go,
anyway I went for Nanoscience Workshop since Amelia and Siok Kheng were going too.)

Friday: Nanoscience Workshop

(Yay! We're going to zap some tiny arrow-shaped design onto silicon with a laser!)

Science Spec Camp

1. Brainstorming for project ideas were hard,
but our group came up with something at the end of two gruelling hours
of squeezing our brain juices.

2. CSI exhibition was informative but solving the mystery wasn't very fun seeing as practically everything been done for you. But the CSI Diploma Certificate one gets
at the end is impressive. I'm tempted to brag...to my toenails that is.

3. BBQ-ed stingrays are really delectable, but marshmellows are still my favourite.
On the other hand, the smoke stinging my eyes are not, and never will be a on
par with marshmellows.

4. Report-writing workshop was conducted by our Sec 4 veteran in this field,
considered how little time he had to prepare and how many science competitions
he took part in, I'd say he tried his best to help, but most of us dozed off.
(Yeah, Roy was sleeping and Ivan had to poke him to wake him up.) Maybe it was
because sleeping on the dark classroom floor was too horible. But I can't complain,
I went home to sleep.

5. Ice-cream making workshop at Udders' ! Probably the best and most anticipated
part of the camp. Who would've known that Magnum ice-cream is 50% air? Made chocolate ice-cream with Asha is ziplock bags lowered to about -20 to -22 degrees
thanks to the combination of ice and salt. It was worth braving possible frost-bites, eating ice-cream you made on your own is perhaps the best one can get.
Nonetheless, the wide variety of choices at Udders' were still tempting,
so I ate 1 scoop of mint, 1 scoop of mango sherbet, 1 scoop of snicker mars and
1 scoop of durian. Wicked, but the M18 ice-cream are probably even more wicked,
since they contain alcohol. It was fun scribbling on the black chalkboard as well.

Snapshots of the "damage" we did at Udders' blackboard.



Roy and Ivan at work on their 'masterpiece'.



Spamming of the names of 2/1-ians who were at Udders'.



More spam!



...Awkward silence...I didn't write this...



The whole board after we were through with it.



And of course, the "masterpiece".

No comments:

Post a Comment